Michael McConville wrote:
> For some reason, it picks up guile if available and uses it even if
> guile2 (which is the only one that works here) is installed. I didn't
> see a configure option to force guile2. If only guile2 is installed, it
> works as expected. What's the best way of dealing with this?

I should probably give a little more information on this, as I spent a
while on it:

When guile 1.x is present, the configure script still recognizes and
chooses guile 2. Moreover, the correct pkg-config seems to be used, as
the guile 2 include headers are visible in the cc commands. I tried
looking into where things are failing, but it uses all sorts of
unfamiliar GNU build gunk (I think it might even bootstrap).