Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2016/03/18 11:52, Michael McConville wrote:
> > It's an authentication server daemon and it's code was last touched
> > in 2000. My cursory Internet research suggests that RADIUS has
> > mostly replaced it. The HOMEPAGE is down. Does anyone still use
> > this?
>
> I don't see any big reason to break people's existing setups..

Just wondering whether setups still exist. I guess it makes less sense
to remove stuff when there are no better alternatives for the same
protocol. I think it's too bad to package things that are dangerously
outdated, though - there's no warning, so people don't always know when
they install. I think we've all got burned in that manner a few times.

I checked whether Debian has a package. They do, and it points here:

http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/

That seems maintained and is derived from the same codebase.

https://packages.debian.org/sid/tacacs+

Maybe someone wants to try updating it?