Sat, 23 Apr 2016 17:13:37 -0400 Michael Reed <m.r...@mykolab.com>
> On 04/23/16 17:01, patrick keshishian wrote:
> > On 4/23/16, Michael Reed <m.r...@mykolab.com> wrote:
> >> I prefer this variant of terminus, I wonder what others think.
> >
> > Just reading the description of this patch on $HOMEPAGE, I
> > wonder (as the page suggests) if this should be default?
>
> I initially agreed with that because a centered tilde seems to be
> more common in other fonts, and I personally like it more,
> but after some thought I don't think so.
>
> If a user does `pkg_add terminus', I'd think they would expect to

Should, unless it's common acceptance it must include some patches.

> get the vanilla, unpatched version of Terminus.  If upstream does
> indeed make that the default then so be it, but for now I think a
> separate flavor would be preferable for end-users.

Not very important to me anyway, yet I would prefer the default install
mimicked historically accepted readable text norms and not the "modern"
this and that fancy quotes and other eye poking variation of legibility.

> What do you think?

Seconded, flavours within reason.  It is known this font has too many.
I think you will make the default look good without need for checking.