Moved from misc.

On 2016-05-29, lvdd <lists-open...@sordn.de> wrote:
> Firefox starts up and is usable but crashes hard and leaves a
> core-file when saving files to the filesystem. When I go to a random
> website (e.g. openbsd.org) and use "Save Image As" on the bannerI get
> the folder picker and as soon as I press "save" the browser crashes. The
> image is saved to the filesystem though. This is what the console shows:
>
> firefox-46.0.1 (installed)
>
> $firefox
>
> firefox:/usr/lib/libsqlite3.so.32.0:
> /usr/local/lib/firefox-46.0.1/libmozsqlite3.so.64.0 :
> WARNING: symbol(sqlite3_version) size mismatch, relink your program

Firefox is using its own internal copy of libsqlite3 but it is also
linked libnss which is linked against the copy of libsqlite3 that is
in the base OS. This causes a conflict.

> (firefox:52435): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Sometimes I get a "Bus Error" instead of the segmentation fault.

I think this is some other problem than the libsqlite one.
Can you get any kind of usable backtrace, even just function names
would be a help?