On 2016/06/15 07:12, Aaron Poffenberger wrote:
> You are right. cabal can install from a local path. Is it possible to
> feed a bunch of files into the process by adding them to distinfo?

Aha: if you can list the distfiles in DISTFILES and point cabal at them
locally that should work.

Fetching will be a little messy if the files are in separate subdirs
as I think they are on hackage, but it can be handled by using the
filename{url}sufx syntax in DISTFILES for them, e.g.
{path/to/}filename-$V.tar.gz which would be somewhat similar to what
devel/cargo is doing (peril-sensitive glasses advised before looking
at the regexp there ;)

You can use EXTRACT_ONLY to stop ports infra from trying to unpack
them itself, and ${FULLDISTDIR} to get the path.