First of all, it's great to see this effort.

But, we have seen diffs in ports tree which were irrelevant,
eg. upstream solved the issues the diffs were trying to solve
specifically for OpenBSD ports tree.

semarie@ did a review for TBB and he raised some question about
diverting from upstream. As TBB is anonymity oriented sw and can be
considered by users as "safe to use", this raises a question - what is
the trust between all changes in OpenBSD ports tree and upstream? What
would be regular review mode?

I have no answer to this question but I would be hesitant to see
current situation as optimal, because a little mistake/oversight could
have real impact on TBB users using it in some peculiar countries.

I just wanted to show my cautiousness towards potential issues just
existing in OpenBSD porting effort itself.

j.