On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 08:49:43AM +0200, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 09:37:50AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2016/10/16 10:27, Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > "pkg_info -S" used to show the "update signature" for a package, i.e.
> > > the "unique tag showing the package name, and the version number of
> > > every run time dependency and shared library used to build this
> > > package".
> > >
> > > Since recently, this gives me an error due to the packages not being
> > > signed:
> > >
> > > $ pkg_info -S /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/ccache-3.3.2.tgz
> > > Error from file:/usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/
> > > unsigned package
> > >
> > > This is regardless of the whether the package is built recently or a
> > > long time ago.
> > >
> > > Do I need to sign my own packages to be able to get the update signature
> > > out of them?!
> >
> > No, you can use "-D unsigned".
> >

> Ah! Good! That was documented for pkg_add, but not for pkg_info AFAIK,
> but it works. Thanks.

This is documented in current.html though. Should be your first source of
information when stuff doesn't work in current.

Documentation is somewhat in flux.  There's still duplicated information
throughout pkg_add(1)/pkg_info(1)/pkg_sign(1)...

I've tried making /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all a "trusted"
source automatically, but it's surprisingly difficult (I have ports a
symlink elsewhere, and figuring out where we live is somewhat annoying)