Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> writes:

> On 2016/11/10 14:28, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>>
>> Here's a wip tarball for hping3.  No Tcl support (upstream seems to have
>> stop automagic Tcl version discovery at 8.4).  DESCR ripped from
>> net/hping and tweaked a bit.
>>
>> Feedback welcome.
>
> Needs a license marker (looks like "GPLv2 only"), and zap the stray
> blank line in DESCR,

Done.

> otherwise OK - though I wonder if it might be
> worth patching (rather than just mentioning in DESCR) to add a
> message about PF if it gets EHOSTUNREACH.

Good idea.

Additional changes:
- NO_TEST=Yes (already in the previous tarball)
- replace hping2 with hping3 in manpage, else it quickly gets confusing
- drop uid to _ping, since hping3 always need root (well, afaik)

Normally we would use a dedicated uid for this port, but I wonder
whether we could make an exception here, for the sake of, hem,
simplicity. :)

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE