Nigel Taylor <njtaylor0...@btinternet.com> writes:

> On 10/22/16 16:42, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
>> On Tue Sep 20, 2016 at 01:33:34AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>>> These plist changes for every update are getting silly, I think I'd
>>> rather disable doxygen in those ports..
>>>

>> Other opinions or agreements?
>>

> I don't build qt5/kde4/kde5 for amd64.
>
> From what I see, the -gui and hence inclusion qt5 has no point it
> doesn't appear to be used in other ports. If no one actually uses the
> -gui spending a lot of time building qt5 / and -gui for nothing.
>
> Because of the size of qt5 this should be split into two ports, rather
> than using the PSEUDO_FLAVOR otherwise all the ports listed will be
> waiting on the qt5 build to complete when using dpb.
>
> qt5 itself needs splitting using the separate source files provided,
> rather then the combined file with everything needed or not.
>
> As is I will be just removing -gui / PSEUDO_FLAVOR from the port for myself.

Instead of people having to maintain local patches, wouldn't it be
better to remove qt5 from this build path?  That can surely be done
without killing the -gui package.

> The same way I have removed kde4 from editors/libreoffice, qt, qt4, qt5
> from print/poppler.

> The PLIST issue is gnerating html documentation with changed scripts,
> images, with the same names
>

> also as far as I can see there is an option to force the use of Qt4 if
> Qt5 is present.
>
> From doxygen install document it says...
>
> <li>Qt Software's GUI toolkit
>     \addindex Qt
>     version 4.3 or higher (but currently, Qt 5.x is not yet supported).
> This is needed to build the GUI front-end doxywizard.
>
> I searched the changelog not a single mention of a switch to Qt5
>
> This looks like we are switching to Qt5 because it being built / test on
> a machine with Qt5 installed else the switch to Qt5 hasn't been documented.
>
> So why is this even using Qt5.

Upstream made the choice of introducing Qt5 compatibility in this
release, and to use Qt5 by default.  doxywizard runs fine here.
To me it looks like a case of slightly outdated information on the
website.

Note that this diff has been floating on the mailing-list since some
time already, you could have voiced objections earlier. ;)

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE