Jiri B <ji...@devio.us> writes:

>> lsof is a problem.  It is tightly coupled to the base system, enough to
>> require /usr/src/sys checked out to be able to build it.  This means
>> that it breaks quite frequently:
>
> Correcting Pascal's mail...
>
> IMO lsof is used because BSD' netstat
> doesn't show PID of a process with open sockets. fstat could be
> used with little filter effort.

net/arm could indeed be easily patched to use fstat output, sthen@
proposed an initial patch for this:

  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=147445148420200&w=2

More code is needed to completely replace the lsof bits.  Someone who's
interested in tor / arm could take a look at this.

However this is unrelated to whether we should keep lsof or not.
Testing shows that currently net/arm works *because* it can't use lsof.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE