On Mon Feb 06, 2017 at 07:32:40PM +0100, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2017 at 09:27:45AM +0100, Ingo Feinerer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > regarding your profanity update
> > (https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=148632353126979&w=2) 'make
> > port-lib-depends-check' complains that WANTLIB lacks 'util python2.7'.
> >
> > This is because configure picks up python and enables Python plugins:
> >
> > $ profanity -v
> > Build information:
> > XMPP library: libstrophe
> > Desktop notification support: Enabled
> > OTR support: Enabled
> > PGP support: Enabled
> > C plugins: Disabled
> > Python plugins: Enabled
> > GTK icons: Disabled
> >
> > So I have
> >
> > +WANTLIB += pcre png pthread ssl strophe util z ${MODPY_WANTLIB}
> > +MODULES =      lang/python
> >
> > in my diff now. Alternatively, disable plugins via CONFIGURE_ARGS.
>
> Hm. I still don't understand the magic here and what one is supposed to
> do. I tested Rafael's diff yesterday and got no errors. When I made the
> changes to WANTLIB and MODULES you suggested, port-lib-depends-check
> started to complain about Extra:  python2.7.0 util.12.

I think I understand the magic. I had not set symbolic links for python
like: /usr/ports/lang/python/2.7/pkg/MESSAGE-main. If you set the
symbolic links, profanity will find you python stuff. Can you reproduce
it?

I would like to add a py FLAVOR in profanity!? What do you think about
that?

Cheers,

Rafael