On 2017/06/12 12:16, Dmitrij D. Czarkoff wrote:
> Gregor Best <g...@unobtanium.de> wrote:
>
> >some people on FreeNode's #openbsd asked me to submit a port for a
> >little utility I wrote that can be used to automate the "scan for my
> >wifi and configure it" process a bit.
> >
> >The networks can be configured in a plaintext file in /etc that looks
> >like this:
> >
> > device iwm0
> >
> > wpa    greg ThisAintMyPassword
> > 802.1x eduroam
> > open   hochstift.freifunk.net/pad-city
> >
> >scanning and configuration is then done via
> >
> > wireless /path/to/my/config
> >
> >for example.
> >
> >For configuring 802.1x, it pokes wpa_supplicant. I'm not sure how one
> >would do a Debian-style "This port suggests another port"-message in the
> >ports system, so that might be something I'd need to add.
> >
> >So yeah, does it make sense to have in the ports tree?
>
> I would import this port with several minor tweaks:
>
>  1. VERSION is used only once, and this variable has no special meaning
>     to ports infrastructure, so get rid of it.
>  2. There are some whitespace issues in Makefile and pkg/DESCR.
>
> The updated tarball is attached.  OK to import?

porting changes:

- we're marking ports that use pledge in the Makefile, please add
"# uses pledge" before the WANTLIB line

- patch/sed /usr/local/sbin/wpa_cli -> ${LOCALBASE}/sbin/wpa_cli

- patch/sed /etc/wireless.conf -> ${SYSCONFDIR}/wireless.conf

upstream suggestions:

- copyright notices should be in each source code file not just in LICENSE

- /tmp/temp.XXXXXXXXXX would better as something more descriptive, perhaps
/tmp/wireless.XXXXXXXXXX

- not hugely keen on the fixed filename "if (rename(tmpname, "/tmp/nw-aps")..",
would this be better somewhere else, maybe under /var/run or /var/db?