Josh Grosse <j...@jggimi.net> writes:

> On Sun, Jul 02, 2017 at 12:41:48PM +0200, Donovan Watteau wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> archivers/p7zip currently fails to build on loongson, because of a
>> mistake in patch-C_CpuArch_h: we were implying that __mips64__ always
>> means that we're running big-endian, but that's wrong for loongson
>> (which is mips64el).
>>
>> __MIPSEL__ and __mips64__ are both detected by CpuArch.h, so p7zip
>> tries to build thinking that it's both big- and little-endian, and
>> the build fails right at the start.
>>
>> The following diff just patches CpuArch.h to use <endian.h> instead,
>> which makes things simpler and correct.
>
> Thank you, Donovan.  I've tested on amd64, and the patch seems to be
> working.  The built-in tests all function.  I am in the process of
> testing on i386 and armv7 (the latter under qemu), which I should
> be able to complete later today.

make test passes on armv7.

>> I don't think REVISION needs to be bumped, because it shouldn't change
>> anything for the architectures where it didn't build (except if there
>> was an arch where we were successfully building, but with the wrong
>> endianness).
>
> I think a revision bump is needed and have attached a revise patch
> which includes one.

Bumps are cheap, when in doubt, use them.

Here, the architecture list did not include powerpc, where neither
MY_CPU_BE and MY_CPU_LE would end up defined (the build would succeed,
though).  Since p7zip contains code that depends on those macros,
a REVISION bump is due.

I'd like to commit this.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE