On 2017/07/16 13:35, Karel Gardas wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 11:50 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> wrote:
> > On 2017/07/15 16:37, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> >> This is a port of the latest version of GAS from GNU binutils, at the
> >> moment for the sole purpose of providing an assembler for the upcoming
> >> GCC 7 port on Aarch64.
> >>
> >> ok?
> >
> > Is this needed when we have gas in arm-none-eabi-binutils? (kettenis has
> > an update pending if this just needs a newer version).
>
> I think so, since arm-none-eabi is probably just for AArch32 and also

It's not just for aarch32, there's an aarch64 flavour.

On 2017/07/16 14:07, Pascal Stumpf wrote:
> Hmm, I think I'd consider that abuse of a port that was originally
> intended for cross-development, not everyday consumption by a "regular"
> toolchain.

Fair enough.. I'm just trying to keep a lid on the number of different
binutils-based ports that we have.

>             Also, we'll need this port anyway as soon as other
> architectures switch to clang.

Better to remove the ONLY_FOR_ARCHS then (also we won't notice if it's
broken unless it's enabled for an arch which we routinely build packages
for, aarch64 isn't stable enough for that yet)