On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 02:18:57PM +0300, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
> > The attached patch updates x11/slock to version 1.4, which
> > includes a fix for CVE-2016-6866 [1].
> >
> > IMPORTANT:
> > To make slock work in this version, I needed to change the
> > install permissions of /usr/local/bin/slock from g+s to u+s.
> > I don't know much about priv-dropping, UIDs, EUIDs, and all
> > that stuff to know if that was actually a good idea, so any
> > advice would be helpful.
>
> In this version the upstream dropped support for BSD authentication.
> This will bite: a) YP users (including those who use ypldap); b) users
> of non-passwd auth styles.
>
> I'd rather backport the fix from upstream:
> http://git.suckless.org/slock/commit/?id=d8bec0f6fdc8a246d78cb488a0068954b46fcb29

Note that this commit only affects the !HAVE_BSD_AUTH codepath that our
port doesn't use, so I think there's nothing to do in this regard.

Also, we don't need the backport of
http://git.suckless.org/slock/commit/?id=35633d45672d14bd798c478c45d1a17064701aa9
since we already did that in a local patch (a bit differently though).