On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 07:08:02PM +0200, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 06:53:14PM +0200, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > Stumbled across /usr/local/lib/systemd/ the other day, so here's the
> > clean up.
> >
> > The configure script has no knob for it so simply remove the files in
> > post-install.
> >
> > `make plist' works fine and also strips two old directories.
> >
> > Feedback? Comments?
>
> There are multiple instances on this in ports. They do no harm imho and may be
> useful for reference.
Manuals and documentation are for reference, these service files are
just confusing and useless imho.

We have indeed quite a few systemd specific (service) files laying
around; I don't see the point in leaving them: Why not keeping local
installations clean? Surely they're "harmless" but I find systemd
(service) files simply confusing and useless on my OpenBSD machines.