On Sat, Aug 12, 2017, at 21:06, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> Jeremy Evans writes:

> > > Both mednafen-0.9.39.2p1 and mednafen-0.9.46 work fine on my machine.
> > > Mednafen uses OpenGL; could be a graphics driver problem? Have you tried
> > > software rendering (LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1)?
> > >
> > > The diff is ok with me.
> >
> > I did try software rendering and also using sdl instead of opengl as the
> > video driver, but it made no difference.  What graphics card are you
> > using?  I'm using:
> >
> > radeondrm0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Radeon HD 5450" rev 0x00
>
> inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07
>
> When I get home in a few days I'll try radeondrm.

I can confirm both of your reports, with both versions of mednafen
(0.9.39.2p1 and 0.9.46).

With a joypad plugged in, mednafen doesn't work. I see the same black
screen Jeremy reports. Without a joypad everything works as expected.
I've tried this a bunch of times, always with the same results. The
messages mednafen prints to the terminal don't differ at all except that
when the joypad is plugged in there is an additional line below
"Initializing joysticks...":

Initializing joysticks...
  Joystick 0 - Game_Pad (0) - Unique ID: 110212cb8610005a

For what it's worth, I've tried both a Logitech F310 and a Logitech Dual
Action. No difference. Presence of a joypad seems to freeze mednafen.
This seems to be a new issue since I used mednafen and a joypad to
complete a game a few months ago...

I should also add that this testing was done on amd64, running OpenBSD
6.1-current (GENERIC.MP) #50: Tue Aug  8 08:41:21 MDT 2017, with Intel
HD Graphics 3000.

P.S. Perhaps the DESCR file could be updated to mention that the Sega
Saturn is also emulated by mednafen? This was introduced in 0.9.39.

Thanks for your work on maintaining this port!