On 2017/10/13 18:11, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> Just did an upgrade on a machine and heimdal (particularly
> login_krb5-or-pwd) stopped working.  Logging in from the console gave me
> the crucial hint complaining that it couldn't find libhcrypto.so.0.0.
>
> Adding shlib_dir=/usr/local/heimdal/lib to rc.conf.local makes it work.
>
> It didn't need this before 6.2, so maybe the change to clang for 6.2 is
> what makes this necessary?
>
> My (admittedly limited) digging through the ports tree hasn't found
> another port that sets shlib_dir.  Is there a mechanism to have
> the port set it?  Is this something that should go in the package
> install-message?
>
> I'm happy to send a diff, but don't really know what I should be
> changing.
>
> Thanks,
>   --Kurt

The only places to do this in ports would be to recommend it in
pkg/MESSAGE or pkg/README. But I don't think it's reasonable that
the user should have to set this anyway.

I wonder if it could be related to the (undiagnosed) problem that
Atanas Vladimirov ran into with OpenVPN ("ld.so: openvpn: can't load
library 'liblzo2.so.1.0'" on misc@)...