On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 09:41:17PM -0400, Thierry wrote:

> On 14 October 2017 at 19:14 GMT, Theo Buehler wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 02:29:41PM -0400, Thierry wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Since revision 1.1 dunst stopped working and produced coredumps
> > > related to "syscsall 197 'protexec'". The latter indicated that
> > > pledge(2) detected an unauthorized system call not defined in the
> > > promises list. Below is a proposed fix which is running fine under
> > > OpenBSD 6.2 GENERIC.MP#0 amd64
> > >

> > It pledges too early.
> >
> > I was unable to reproduce your problem, but I ran into another pledge
> > issue with dunst trying to open a socket. I only tested this very
> > briefly, but this patch seems to work for me.
> >
> > Please test this with various setups.
>
> Applying your diffs trigger a corddump with the same message, namely:
> /bsd: dunst(12359): syscall 197 "protexec"

could you provide more debugging information ?

1) run the program with ktrace -di

$ ktrace -di dunst
Abort trap (core dumped)
$ kdump

(mostly the 100-last lines of kdump)

2) recompile the port with debugging symbol, and extract the backtrace of the
failure with gdb ?

$ cd /usr/ports/x11/dunst
$ make FETCH_PACKAGES=yes CFLAGS=-g
$ gdb /usr/ports/pobj/dunst-1.2.0/dunst-1.2.0/dunst
(gdb) run
(gdb) backtrace

Thanks.
--