On 2017/10/22 16:51, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> Reposting here, maybe i should have done that in the first place
> to avoid duplicate work, sorry sthen@ and aja@...

Thanks :)

> It does spew crap to stderr that i didn't notice with previous
> versions, but i may have missed it.  Probably such splatter is
> to be expected with "modern" software (sigh).
>
>   QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to
> '/tmp/runtime-schwarze'
>   libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
>   libGL error: failed to load driver: i965

Sounds "normal" to me. Also has the "normal" thing that I see with
a lot of software using Qt where if I move the pointer out of a pop-up
window it warps back to the middle of the window (possibly something
to do with cwm).

It seems to have lost the ability to print. There's a build flag
(-DXPDFWIDGET_PRINTING=true) which might fix that, but I haven't got
it to build yet.

> Looking at the build log, this looks somewhat strange:
>
>   ===>   Applying OpenBSD patch patch-xpdf_GlobalParams_cc
>   Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
>   The text leading up to this was:
>   --------------------------
>   |$OpenBSD: patch-xpdf_GlobalParams_cc,v 1.4 2015/04/06 21:05:07 ajacoutot
> Exp $
>   |--- xpdf/GlobalParams.cc.orig  Wed May 28 20:50:50 2014
>   |+++ xpdf/GlobalParams.cc       Fri May 30 14:27:13 2014
>   --------------------------
>   Patching file xpdf/GlobalParams.cc using Plan A...
>   Hunk #1 succeeded at 103 (offset -17 lines).
>   done
>
> Does the "offset -17 lines" mean that the patch should be regenerated?
> Same for patch-xpdf_XRef_cc.

Yes.

> Why do you list png explicitly in LIB_DEPENDS, but not jpeg?
> Given that the only other direct lib dependency, qtbase, requires
> both jpeg and png directly and that the xpdf cmake run explicitly
> tests for both, what is the difference?
>
> I see this in my output:
>
>   -- Found TIFF: /usr/local/lib/libtiff.so.40.1 (found version "4.0.8")
>
> but:
>
>   $ pkg_info -S xpdf
>   Information for inst:xpdf-4.00
>   Signature:
> xpdf-4.00,0,@ghostscript-fonts-8.11p3,@png-1.6.31,@qtbase-5.9.1p4,Qt5Core.2.1,Qt5Gui.2.1,Qt5Widgets.2.1,c++.1.0,c++abi.0.0,c.90.0,freetype.28.1,m.10.0,png.17.4,pthread.24.0,z.5.0
>
> No tiff in there.  Any idea what is going on?
>
> Maybe that's all harmless, but who knows, i thought i'd better mention it.

Something funny going on there indeed.. Possibly not helped by Qt's
propensity for dlopen()'ing things..