On 2017/10/12 10:55, Laurence Tratt wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:02:28AM +0000, Laurence Tratt wrote:
>
> Here's an updated version of devel/github-backup based on Stuart's pre-lock
> comments. I think this is ready for importing, so am looking for OKs.
>
> For those who've forgotten:
>
> > github-backup allows one to incrementally backup a github user and
> > repositories, including issues, pull requests and so on e.g.:
> >
> >   github-backup ltratt -i -o <backup_dir> -t <oauth_token> --all
>

> Laurie
> --
> Personal                                             http://tratt.net/laurie/
> Software Development Team                                http://soft-dev.org/
>    https://github.com/ltratt              http://twitter.com/laurencetratt

>From README:

: Fortunately, basic use cases are fairly simple. First, you need to generate a
: GitHub OAuth token (Settings -> Personal Access Tokens -> Generate New Token).
: Then choose your use case.

It's currently in Settings -> Developer Settings -> Personal Access Tokens -> ..
It would be nice to suggest which permissions are actually needed as there are
many possibilities. (But then it would be nice if upstream mentioned this too :)

: To backup a single repository:
:
:   $ github-backup <organization> -N <repo regex> --all -o <output dir> \
:     -t <oauth token>

This would be <user> not <organization> wouldn't it?