On 11/24/17 12:07, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2017/11/24 09:27, Martijn van Duren wrote:
>>> @conflict php-fastcgi->=5.6,<5.7
>>
>> Left out, since there's no overlapping names between the two packages,
>> which is what pkg_create(1) specifies should be the reason of usage.
>> Of course it's easy enough to add if you think it's still needed.
>
> Good point. As long as the upgrade test works that's alright.

>>> Wrong version.
>> Autch
>> It was meant to read .so man1/php-${PV}.1. Probably got overwritten and
>> overlooked during a final update-patches.
>>>
>>> Did you figure out why it was copied rather than using .so
>>> before? There might be a reason for that.
>>
>> It wasn't installed at all before, so this is the first time php-cgi(1)
>> is added. If it was copied I would've left it as is.
>>
>> On second thought I do now reckon it's better to just copy the original
>> php.1. If -cli is going to be split of the .so file might not be there
>> and the content of the file hasn't been changed since it's creation 5
>> years ago so it's unlikely to get its own manpage any time soon.
>
> +1
>
>>      ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKBUILD}/sapi/cli/php ${PREFIX}/bin/php-${PV}
>> -    ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKBUILD}/sapi/cgi/php-cgi
>> ${PREFIX}/bin/php-fastcgi-${PV}
>> +    ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKBUILD}/sapi/cgi/php-cgi
>> ${PREFIX}/bin/php-cgi-${PV}
>> +# Make sure that php-cgi.1 still just sources php.1 when importing a new
>> major version.
>> +    ${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/sapi/cli/php.1
>> ${PREFIX}/man/man1/php-cgi-${PV}.1
>
> It's not /all/ that likely that this comment will be noticed that far
> down in Makefile.inc when someone adds a new branch. What I sometimes
> do in cases where I'm worried upstream might change something that
> might not be noticed and needs further attention is make an explicit
> check that kills the build (e.g. see the pjproject check in Asterisk's
> post-extract), might be worth considering. Then again it doesn't seem
> all that important anyway..

I tend to sway to the latter. It's not really that important. I added this as
a general reminder for future maintainers to check it occasionally and as a
motivation why php.1 is installed instead of php-cgi.1.

So OK for the current version of the patch?

Also, any strong opinions about moving out -cli, -fpm, -apxs2 of -main and
enabling -phpdbg in its own subpackage? I'll probably want to pick that up
next.