Hi,

my current lang/ghc (updating to ghc-8.2.2) still has a really
annoying problem: ghc itself, and every hs-package will print a
warning like

Warning: library-dirs: /usr/local/lib/x86_64-openbsd-ghc-8.2.2 doesn't exist or
isn't a directory

I've a partial diff for
libraries/Cabal/Cabal/Distribution/Simple/Compiler.hs which lets

        libraryDynDirSupported :: Compiler -> Bool

return always False (because shared libraries are still disabled
for lang/ghc), but that's not enough. Because the above mentioned
directory is also added to some other field in package registrations,
and I didn't yet find where to patch this out.

Can people using ghc live with this warning still around for now?

It's a little bit time consuming to find and fix this problem
(because you'll have to build a new ghc, build at least one of the
hs-ports to check wether the fix really works), and I'd prefer to
get off my 'M's and also make some progress with the MAP_STACK diff
from Theo.

The downside: if I put lang/ghc in now and find and fix the warning
above later, I'll also have to bump all hs-ports (because the bogus
directory is contained in their register script).

Ciao,
        Kili