On 01/29/18 00:17, Brian Callahan wrote:
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, games/openfodder. OpenFodder is an open source port of Cannon Fodder game.

---
pkg/DESCR:
Cannon Fodder is an action-strategy shoot 'em up game developed by
Sensible Software and published by Virgin Interactive.

The game is military-themed and based on shooting action but with a
strategy game-style control system. The player directs troops through
numerous missions, battling enemy infantry, vehicles and installations.

Open Fodder is an open source version of the Cannon Fodder engine, for
modern operating systems.
---

I am hosting a modified tarball for the distfile. This is because upstream's repo has the game's copyrighted audio in it! As well as some freeware demo games. My tarball removes all the copyrighted bits. The downside is that the GOG.com version (aka the DOS version) of the game has no music, but it does have sound effects. Of course, one could manually add back these copyrighted bits, and we can't stop a person from doing that, but I also don't think we should advertise it either, so I don't mention it in the pkg/README installation instructions.

It plays well on amd64 with the GOG.com version.

OK?

~Brian

Upstream released version 1.4.0 -- so here's a new port using that version.

~Brian