On Tue 13/02/2018 20:01, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 06:37:47PM +0100, Björn Ketelaars wrote:
> > Diff below brings potamus to the latest version. While here add
> > SEPARATE_BUILD=Yes to Makefile.
>
> What is it with this ? I see you're adding it to Makefiles, is there a
> particular reason for it ? If it's *better* generally, then maybe a
> (much larger) task would be to switch it by default and only set it to
> no for broken ports..

It has some advantages, and testing it while working on a port is cheap.
>From https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/guide.html:

- If the port can build with object files outside its source tree, this
  is cleaner (many programs using CONFIGURE_STYLE=gnu can), and may help
  people who mount their ports tree on several arches.
- This can also spare you some effort, as you will possibly be able to
  restart the cycle at configure most of the time.