On 2018/04/07 20:24, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that two ports are using non-buildset dependencies of texlive.
> This diff moves the bits they need into the buildset. Should speed up
> the bulk a bit.
>
> I'm also adding a script I wrote to help figure out which packages
> needed to be moved.
>
> Tested in a partial (pre clang 6) bulk, and tested upgrade too. Seems
> good.
>
> CC sthen@ because he helped the last time I had to move things between
> subsets.
>
> gzip diff attached.
>
> OK?
>
> I'll look into why tex live fails with Clang 6 next.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Edd Barrett
>
> http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

My dev machines are updated past clang 6 so I can't test atm but it reads
ok.

I don't think it will do much to bulk build speeds in itself, coccinelle
and tex-by-topic aren't parts of big dependency chains, and don't take
that long to build, but seems a good testbed for your script which could
well be useful for things in future that have a bigger impact on the
build.