On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 02:35:36AM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Wnn currently generates EUC-JP manuals from EUC-JP source files using
> jgroff, a patchset against positively ancient groff.
>
> This patch modifies the package to install unformatted UTF-8 manuals
> that can then be viewed with mandoc (man -M /usr/local/man/ja).
> Several other packages provide UTF-8 Japanese manpages in this
> directory.
>
> ok?

Sounds like a good idea in principle, but I definitely want to check how
things integrate first.

Most specifically, Wnn dates back from a time where I used it for japanese
input on kterms.

I'm not sure it works well on UTF-8 terminals... which means that having
the EUC manpages might actually be useful.

So, I'll have to try... the easiest fix is probably utf-8 groff + nkf, but
I have to check whether that's convenient or cumbersome...