On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 07:58:47AM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2018/05/22 23:45, Ken M wrote:
> > I started fresh in my own /usr/ports/me/audio/lmms area as I was not sure
> > if it
> > was best to start from the existing lmms port or start anew. I went for
> > anew for
> > now.
>
> Ports infrastructure handles /usr/ports/mystuff/(category)/(port) (exactly
> the word "mystuff") specially, best to use that and save having to mess
> around with PORTSDIR_PATH etc.
>
> For lmms it's probably best to start with the update to lmms that
> I already sent because it's mostly fimished already, and if you're
> starting from scratch there are a few things (@exec/unexec PLIST
> entries, manpage shouldn't be compressed, ossaudio shouldn't be linked)
> that are likely to be missed.

Just thought of something. When porting I did it against QT4, but the first time
I just compiled it I did it against against QT5. Which should I target at this
point. LMMS doesnt seem to care but for best compatibility is there an OpenBSD
specific preference? Should qt4 vs qt5 perhaps be flavors? Should with or
without Zynaddsubfx be flavors?

Ken