On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 10:38:21PM +0200, Frederic Cambus wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 06:24:51PM +0100, Tom Murphy wrote:
>
> > > I've made a number of changes to this. Make sure the pkg/* stuff is still
> > > correct. That opening line to the pkg/DESCR sounds a little too
> > > advertise-y
> > > for my tastes but maybe someone else will tell me it's fine.
> > >
> > > ~Brian
> > >
> > Looks good! I reworded the DESCR a little bit to make it sound less of
> > an "advertisement".
> >
> > Updated tarball attached.
>
> I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have qwprogs.dat in files/, as it
> means commiting a 196K binary file to CVS.
>
> I think it would be better to package it and host it somewhere, and
> download it as an additional distfile.

Hi Frederic,

  The file is freely distributable (under GPLv2+ license), and there's
a copy up at:

https://github.com/id-Software/Quake/blob/master/QW/progs/qwprogs.dat

  Would that be a sufficient place to get it or does it need to be hosted
somewhere else? I don't have the capability to do any long term hosting of
distfiles, unfortunately.

  -Tom