On 09/01/18 01:04, Jason Valencia wrote:
Attached is a newer version addressing some of your comments.

2018.07.21-git is not a valid version number.
I've changed the version from 2018.07.21-git to 2018.07.18, dropping
-git and moving the date to the latest change made to any of the files
used in this port.

I contacted upstream about tagging a release. I got an initial response
about hosting a versioned tarball, but have not heard back since.

You can always host one in the mean time. This is open source after all.

Why is there a V variable? You only use it once.
License marker is just "# ISC"
Please reel in the extra tabs.
Fixed. Is the tab style correct in the updated version?

Yes this is all fine.

There's no MAINTAINER line. There should be one, and it should be you.
I intentionally left it off. It was my understanding that it was
alright to contribute a port without also being the maintainer. To
quote the Porting Guide:
Porting some new software takes time. Maintaining it over time is
harder. It is quite okay to port software and let other people
handle it afterwards.

I'm always going to assume no MAINTAINER line without comment means "I forgot to add myself" not "I don't want to maintain it."

OK?

Still not sure why you have an aversion to hosting your own tarball, seeing as two developers (at least on the mailing lists) have asked you to do so.

~Brian