On 2018/09/10 09:24, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> > - I did 'make test' by commenting the NO_TEST, it works fine, excepted
> > that infamous test 3. It screamed that it wanted $HOME, so i tried to
> > provide it via TEST_ENV, and re-ran the test: it still hangs.
> > - 'make port-lib-depends-check' and portcheck pass.
> > - I tried this example [2] without issues
>
> As long as there are tests, you must not set NO_TEST, even if they fail :-)

Failing is one thing, but I committed that one as-is because I don't
like tests which just hang. Though actually without passing HOME it
fails that test rather than hangs, so probably makes sense to do this:

-# 03-packet.t just hangs in test 2, known since early 2004
-NO_TEST =      Yes
+# 03-packet.t needs this, but then it just hangs in test 2, known since early
2004
+#TEST_ENV=     HOME=${WRKDIST}

> Now for your particular issue, did you try this in the Makefile?
> PORTHOME=     ${WRKDIST}

That's not enough to get it passed through to the process which actually
runs the test - whether PORTHOME is set or not you still get "Cannot
determine home directory, please set the environment variable HOME at
t/03-packet.t line 24'. If HOME is set e.g.

TEST_ENV=       HOME=${WRKDIST}

it then runs but hangs, same if you run the test outside of ports scaffolding.

$ cd `make show=WRKSRC`
$ perl -MExtUtils::Command::MM -MTest::Harness -e "test_harness(1, 'blib/lib',
'blib/arch')" t/03-packet.t

Adding printf-style debugging to 03-packet.t it hangs here:

my $packet = Net::SSH::Perl::Packet->read($ssh);

Not sure how to debug further but the module does seem to work ok
in normal use (Net::SSH::Perl::Packet is used internally).