On Thu 13/09/2018 02:57, Elias M. Mariani wrote:
> pandas is a Python package providing fast, flexible, and expressive
> data structures designed to make working with "relational" or
> "labeled" data both easy and intuitive. It aims to be the fundamental
> high-level building block for doing practical, real world data
> analysis in Python. Additionally, it has the broader goal of becoming
> the most powerful and flexible open source data analysis /
> manipulation tool available in any language. It is already well on its
> way toward this goal.
>
> Tests are mostly passing, is hard to get a clean pass because the pypi
> package seems to have missing testing files (csv, json, etc) that got
> wiped out for some reason and so some tests fails, same for the
> tarball in github. Already talking with upstream to get a fix.
> BTW, the libraries must get build "--inplace" in order to test, so if
> you run "make test" it will build the port and then build again
> "inplace", many ports do that, but this build is kinda long, so,
> patience...
>

> Taking maintainership.
>
> Required by some consumers for functionality and testing.
>
> Cheers.
> Elias.

One small nit: HOMEPAGE http->https.

Port looks clean, portcheck does not complain and both flavors build.
The distfile indeed seems to miss some files causing some tests to fail.
I tested the python3 flavor with some work related tools and did not
experience any unexpected behaviour.

I think this port is ready to be imported, but it seems wise to have it
reviewed by more experienced porters.

ok bket@