Hi,

Thanks for working on this.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 09:52:52PM +0200, Fabian Raetz wrote:
> I'm running an ipfs node at home and pinned a "Hello, OpenBSD!"
> file [1] for you :)

Works! And via `ipfs cat` (once you start the daemon).

> You can also mount the world at /ipfs.

If we enabled the fuse support ;) How hard is that by the way?

> The tar.gz provided by upstream contains files at the root without an go-ipfs
> folder. I did the following to unpack everything in WRKDIST instead of in
> WRKDIR directly. Is there a better approch to do this?

I'm not aware of one, but the other porters might know a trick.

> By default, ipfs creates all files in ~/.ipfs. This can be changed by
> specifing IPFS_PATH. Personally I don't like a hidden folder at
> /var/ipfs/.ipfs
> which is why I set IPFS_PATH=/var/ipfs in the rc file.
> This requires users of ipfs to always remember to set IPFS_PATH=/var/ipfs
>
> What would you prefer?
>
> 2.1) Setting HOME of the _ipfs user to /var/ipfs and have the data
>       under /var/ipfs/.ipfs.
> 2.2) Setting IPFS_PATH=/var/ipfs in the rc file and whenever a user wants to
>       interact with ipfs.

Wouldn't a normal user want the IPFS files under the default ~/.ipfs? So
they wouldn't need to remember anything?

The rc script doesn't work though?

---8<---
$ doas rcctl start ipfs
ipfs(failed)
--->8---

If you add `-d` you will see why:

---8<---
$ doas rcctl -d start ipfs
doing _rc_parse_conf
doing _rc_quirks
ipfs_flags empty, using default >daemon<
doing _rc_parse_conf /var/run/rc.d/ipfs
doing _rc_quirks
doing rc_check
ipfs
doing _rc_wait start
doing rc_start
doing rc_check
Initializing daemon...
23:03:41.326 ERROR   cmd/ipfs: setting file descriptor limit: cannot set
rlimit, IPFS_FD_MAX is larger than the hard limit daemon.go:200
Error: no IPFS repo found in /var/ipfs.
please run: 'ipfs init'
doing _rc_rm_runfile
(failed)
--->8---

If that's correct, we'd need instructions for the user on how to up the
fd limit. Probably via a pkg README.

My only other comment is that the Makefile has a lot of whitespace. Can
we make it look closer to other port Makefiles?

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk