Hello,

I'd like to contribute two new ports: libde265 and libheif.

libheif is a HEIF file format decoder and encoder, the format is
starting to get popularity since Apple is using it for iPhone camera
photos. The library offers C and C++ interfaces as well as an extremely
useful 'heif-convert' utility that allows converting HEIF files to JPEG
or PNG.

libheif itself doesn't do encoding or decoding but rather delegates to
x265 or libde265 respectively.

Github page: https://github.com/strukturag/libheif

libde265

h.265 video codec implementation

Github page: https://github.com/strukturag/libde265

Note that my interest in the ports in mostly from a heif-convert
consumer perspective - I have files in HEIF format and it's convenient
to have a possibility to convert to more common formats. There's also a
GIMP plugin which can become another port eventually.

Please find both ports attached, comments or questions are welcome! I'd
also appreciate if someone can test it on platforms other than amd64.

--
Andrey