aws-shell is fully up to date and shows a tox.ini which includes all the way up to py3.6. I see no reason this shouldn't work, but for peace of mind I CC the aws-shell maintainer to test.

One note is that aws-shell is currently shows as python2 only in the port so it may need updated to also include py3.

I also see that recently py-boto3 was updated as another factor this is likely fine.

Edward Lopez-Acosta