On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 07:54:36AM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 01:19:27PM +0100, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am playing with boost contexts which is configured out by the current
> > port.
> > I am able to make execution_context and fcontext work on amd64. The first
> > using a simple test program and the second using a non-trival program.
> >
> > The only actual change in boost itself is to use a mmap(...
> > MMAP_STACK ...) for stack allocation.  So I like to enable the
> > disabled parts. They are not extensivly tested and some other parts
> > might need a patch too (there are several classes creating stacks).
> >
> > At the moment I just like to know if I am taking the right approach
> > port-wise. So, any comments or advise?
>
> Total silence.... remember I'm a total ports newbie, I really could
> use some guidance here. Is this the right approach for a port having
> arch specific features and plist?

That is the right approach in general, but for a leaf port. Here, lots
of other ports depend on boost, and stuff might pick up those new libs
on amd64 (or updates/new ports start relying on them), and then the same
stuff start breaking in subtle ways on other archs (few ppl cares about).

Ideally, why not at least trying to make those features also work on
i386 & a BE arch ?

> > -REVISION=  0
> > +REVISION=  2

REVISION = 1 :)