On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 09:57:54AM -0500, Daniel Dickman wrote:

> > On Nov 23, 2018, at 5:40 PM, Olivier Taïbi <o...@olitb.net> wrote:
> >

> > Here is an attempt at an updated port. It now depends on gmp (on pari's
> > website they recommend the gmp kernel). The use of gmake is probably
> > overkill.
>
> Thanks. I’ll take a look. I also have an update on my end. Will review and
> merge our updates.
>
> Then we can check about the i386 problem after the update
> (https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=154315956117631&w=2)

Does this problem still occur if using the gmp kernel (this is what the
port I sent uses)? See
https://pari.math.u-bordeaux.fr/faq.html#whichkernel
I don't have any i386 to test this, unfortunately.

I am also testing gp2c (attached port), which seems to work on my amd64
machine (I am using pari for my research, but I am very far from using
everything in the library), except that gp2c-run looks for a few
variables in lib/pari/pari.cfg to link compiled scripts (for example
DLLD and DLLDFLAGS), and these variables are empty with the port of pari
I sent before.  They are set in pari's config/get_dlld. We should add
openbsd in several case statements there, I guess DLLD should be cc but
I'm not sure about the flags. I used
cc -o %s.so -g -O3 -Wall %s.o -L/usr/local/lib/ -lpari
and it seems to work.