Hi,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 12:43:18AM +0100, Matthias Kilian wrote:
> This iw weird. When I tested edd's diff for texlive-2018, I also
> removed all ports depending on it from my package repository,
> including evince. And it did not fail, and I got proper evince
> package (buit *after* texlive).

I was also suprised that Kili's bulk didn't hit this.

If you can reproduce the build failure, Kili, I'd say these upstream
commits look like good candidates to try. They update the synctex parser
that everyone seems to be copy-pasting into their projects these days.

In order:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/commit/ed2d42b8ed1496de951460cf0e9f4bb9f941695c
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/commit/dab0dc31dba530b7c5d92122cd2047e0f3f97452
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/commit/678410e81d0c889f4db4e995ca451ed62b8a2eee

(FWIW, there were some synctex changes between TL17 and TL18)

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk