Hi Patrik, Pavel,

> On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 03:27:42PM +0100, Rafael Sadowski wrote:
> > On Sun Nov 18, 2018 at 04:57:55PM +0300, Pavel Korovin wrote:
> > > Dear all,
> > > please find the update for the latest OpenDNSSEC attached.
> > > Tested with sqlite3, softhsm/softhsm2 on amd64.
> > > Also tested migration from v1.4 (enforcer database migration is
> > > required for v2).

Спасибо Pavel for the v2 port. If I may ask, are there any specific
OpenBSD related things to keep in mind while running OpenDNSSec v2? I
ask this because it appears that there are some changes in the
architecture in this version.

> It seems I missed this work completely somehow, sorry about that!
>
> Nice to see you are working on both opendnssec and softhsm 2.x :).
>
> I am actually not running opendnssec any more[1], if you would like to
> take over maintainership I would be fine with that. This goes for
> softhsm 1.x as well.
>

> > Is there any howto to migrate from 1.4? A note or an howto/link to
> > current.html would be nice!
> >

> There is an official note about this here:
> https://wiki.opendnssec.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=10125376#HowdoI...?-UpgradeOpenDNSSEC1.4.9toOpenDNSSEC2.0
>
> --
> Patrik Lundin
>
> [1]: https://blog.sigterm.se/posts/to-the-cloud-dns-edition/

Tack så mycket Patrik for that informative blog post. Could I request
you to please help me with my queries:

1) Since the capability to run OpenBSD virtual machines is now present
in the base, would you still suggest running authoritative DNS in
"cloud" vs on VMs in on-premise/rented baremetal OpenBSD machines? I
ask this because I have trouble relying on cloud, and as I have learnt,
"free" in cloud usually translates to "you do not know how you pay".
2) Could you please elaborate on the custom built DNS server daemon? I
find that very interesting, especially when combined with OpenDNSSEC.

Dhanyavaad.

Regards,
ab