On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 21:15:27 +0100
Landry Breuil <lan...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> On that point, debian is planning to remove qt4 from the upcoming
> stable:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/08/msg00006.html
> https://wiki.debian.org/Qt4Removal

FreeBSD wants to remove qt4 in about a month, on 15 March:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D17741

OpenBSD has not removed x11/qt3, so I don't predict that OpenBSD would
remove qt4.  I would suggest to build qt4 without QtWebKit, because
that would need fewer patches; but I see 3 ports (geo/gpsbabel
geo/merkaartor geo/qlandkartegt) that want QtWebKit from qt4.

OpenBSD's math/eigen3 has a build dependency on x11/qt4.  Debian,
FreeBSD and NetBSD seem to avoid this dependency, so Debian and
FreeBSD might keep eigen3 after removing qt4.

There are probably more packages that lang/gcc/8 can't build, but the
only ones that I know are x11/qt4 and games/stone-soup.  Our
stone-soup is an old version; an update might fix it.

--
George Koehler <kern...@gmail.com>