Rafael Sadowski writes:
> On Wed Jun 19, 2019 at 02:01:33AM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > EPUBCheck is a tool to validate the conformance of EPUB publications agains
> > the EPUB specifications. EPUBCheck can be run as a standalone command-line
> > tool or used as a Java library.
> >
> > EPUBCheck is open source software, maintained by the DAISY Consortium on
> > behalf of the W3C.
> >

> > You can download some epubs to try validating from https://standardebooks.o
> rg/.
> >
> > ok?
> >
> > --
> > Anthony J. Bentley
>
> Why are you installed all jar file under ${PREFIX}/share/epubcheck

It's arbitrary. I considered ${PREFIX}/lib also, but ${PREFIX}/share is
where I usually put large port-specific data like this. (See also: lots
of game ports that put executables and data under ${PREFIX}/share and
only put a wrapper script in ${PREFIX}/bin.)

> and not ${PREFIX}/epubcheck?

Seems a bit weird to put something like this directly under /usr/local,
doesn't it? I tend to reserve it for paths that users will type a lot.
Since no user will ever refer to epubcheck's directories directly, a
deeper hierarchy is no problem...

--
Anthony J. Bentley