On Mon, Jun 24 2019, Henry Jensen <hjen...@mailbox.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 10:38:56 +0300
> Родин Максим <a23s4a2...@yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> Is Samba AD-DC mode possible on OpenBSD?
>

> From https://www.openbsd.org/faq/upgrade65.html:
>
> net/samba.
> The AD DC server functionality implemented by the samba(8) daemon is
> broken at runtime on amd64, arm64, armv7 and i386. The SMB file server
> (smbd(8)) is not affected.

Yep.

Using the ntvfs backend (deprecated, samba-tool provision
...--use-ntvfs) was the workaround used so far.  But since OpenBSD 6.4
there's a bug in clang/lld/ld.so that breaks this ntvfs support.

AD DC support has always been brittle on OpenBSD, I'll probably just
disable it completely if no one steps up to fix it.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE