Hi,

SameBoy is a SDL-based Nintendo Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator.
SameBoy is extremely accurate and includes a wide range of powerful
debugging features, making it ideal for both casual players and developers.
In addition to accuracy and developer capabilities, SameBoy has all the
features one would expect from an emulator, from save states to scaling
filters.

In case anyone wonders why we would want another Game Boy emulator:
compared to the three Game Boy emulators we have that are still relevant
(Gambatte, mGBA, VBA-M), SameBoy is more accurate to the hardware, and
it's actively developed (unlike Gambatte, the next most accurate).

Unfortunately the SDL frontend has noticeable audio artifacts and runs
quite slow. I remember seeing similar symptoms with mGBA some time ago
that turned out to be related to audio buffer size and sample rate. But
blindly fiddling with audio constants and variables in SameBoy's
SDL/main.c didn't get me anywhere.

The libretro core plays fine, so the problem definitely lies in the SDL
frontend somewhere.

Also, if anyone has access to a macOS system, I'd appreciate testing
of this pull request on that platform. It would be easier to get the
OpenBSD patches upstreamed if I had confirmation that they don't break
the macOS build. https://github.com/LIJI32/SameBoy/pull/143

--
Anthony J. Bentley