On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 09:06:16AM +0200, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:

Hello Christopher,

>> Since other people might be affected by this, it looks like OCaml has
>> changed the marshalling format or similar (again...), so Unison from
>> -current is now incompatible with -stable. I doubt there's anything we can
>> do about this except, perhaps, a) add a warning to the upgrade page b)
>> maybe expand pkg/README to spell out the commands needed to install Unison
>> via OPAM.
> That's what I would recommend in pkg/README:
>
> $ OPAMROOT=~/opam_unison
> $ opam init --compiler 4.02.3
> $ opam install unison
> $ ${OPAMROOT}/4.02.3/bin/unison
>
> Would you mind testing it ?

That works for me, with one small caveat -- since it builds the GUI flavour
(I must admit, I'd forgotten that Unison has a GUI!), it does require the
system to have gtk+2 installed. So it might be worth mentioning that.
Otherwise, I think those steps are very helpful -- thanks!

Laurie