On 10/04 06:12, Pierre-Emmanuel Andr? wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 11:26:13AM -0700, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> > On 10/03 09:01, Jeremy Evans wrote:
> > > PostgreSQL 12.0 was released today.  Here's a diff to update to it.
> > > Tested briefly on amd64, no issues noted.
> >
> > You will probably need this diff for postgresql-previous to build
> > the package for postgresql.
> >

> Hi,
>
> Looks good to me. Almost the same diff in my tree.
> We must put this diff in a bulk to see what will fail.
> Thank you Jeremy :)

I don't think this is ready for bulk testing yet.  There is usually a
large amount of fallout in a PostgreSQL upgrade.  At the very least, we
should run a partial bulk of the direct dependencies and make sure they
all build before requesting a full bulk. In my experience, it is many
hours of work fixing dependencies to get the ports tree ready.

It may be a good time to reassess whether some dependencies are still
needed.  For example, postgresql-v8 uses a 5+ year old version that has
been patched to handle changes in PostgreSQL internals.  Upstream
switched the build system a few years ago and I could not get newer
versions to build correctly when handling the PostgreSQL 10->11 update.

Thanks,
Jeremy