On 11/24/19 4:23 PM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2019/11/24 14:49, Renaud Allard wrote:

On 11/24/19 2:46 PM, Solene Rapenne wrote:
On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:59:24PM +0100, Renaud Allard wrote:
Hello,

Here is a port for matrix.org riot web IM client.
It can be useful, even if you don't have a synapse home server.

Packaging riot is not useful. You only have to unzip it in a directory
and serve static files + it has a new version every week or so.

Agreed, I am not sure it's useful. However, that's about the same for things
like roundcube, so I don't know.

It is a bit different, roundcube has dependencies, some files which
are patched, and some files which need to be writable by the webserver
user and some which should not be writable, so it sets permissions
appropriately. (That said, roundcube is still a bit borderline, and
if it wasn't being kept up-to-date I wouldn't want that in ports
either..)

Given the current frequency of updates and also size of the files
involved, I agree with Solene on this for now.

I agree, I was in the synapse server spree, so I thought it would be nice to package the client altogether. But I understand this is mostly useless.