Stuart Henderson [s...@spacehopper.org] wrote:

> Two simpler ways likely to bypass it, one is the diff below which is
> expected to slow things down for non-pledged programs, the other is to
> disable pledge in firefox which you can do with lines like these in
> prefs.js (replace if already present, add if not).
>
> user_pref("security.sandbox.pledge.content", "moo");
> user_pref("security.sandbox.pledge.main", "moo");
>
> (this is the method for current Firefox, but future updates are
> expected to move this config into a different file).

So on the box that has these issues, funny enough /etc/fbtab never gets
honored and so /dev/drm0 stayes owned by root. When I chown to me, it's
apparently not trying to use shm anymore because I stop seeing these
crashes. I think they come back, but it could just be that I reboot at
times and I'm not paying attention to these details.

I haven't yet understood exactly why login_fbtab() isn't happening.
It's called from xenodm and seems to work on some machines. So there's that.
There are two places where login_fbtab is called in xenodm and one of them
has this note: /* XXX not working because of pledge() */

Chris