First of all, thank you for taking the time to review and test this Vadim.
Comments inline below.
I have questions about using autotools for the intel-vaapi-driver port, so
I won't
attach new tarballs yet.

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 3:58 PM Vadim Zhukov <persg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> пт, 13 дек. 2019 г. в 22:17, Brad DeMorrow <b...@demorrow.net>:
>
> It looks like not all inteldrm will work. At least mine (found on
> ThinkPad X240) doesn't:

You're correct, my mistake.  It specifically says "Intel G45 chipsets
and Intel HD Graphics for Intel Core processor family" in their README.

I reached out to intel to get a clearer picture and discovered that they
actually
have a newer VA-API driver available called media-driver.  It appears
better
documented at least.
https://github.com/intel/media-driver

I'll have to consider working on that next.

> Some issues:
>
> Please make ports look like closer to Makefile.template: indentation
> etc. In particular,  don't wrap WANTLIB lines, this just wastes space.

Fixed.

> Tests in libva-utils are hardware-dependant. I think it's better to
> mark them with TEST_IS_INTERACTIVE=Yes, adding descriptive comment
> above.

Done.

> Why are you using meson?

Honestly I'm not that familiar with porting yet.  I saw that intel used it
for their builds
and I assumed I needed to as well to avoid issues.  The fact that a Module
existed for it
made me think I was doing the correct thing.

The autotools will work better in this case,
> at least you'll have SHARED_LIBS stuff right. See the tweaked libva
> port Makefile for example.

> Please regen PLIST for intel-vaapi-driver port, this should add @so marker.

I was able to get libva and libva-utils working with autotools, but the
intel-vaapi-driver
ended up generating a .la file instead of a .so file.  I'm not very
familiar with autotools,
is this an easy fix?
Can you explain why using the meson module would be frowned upon?

--
--Brad DeMorrow