On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 05:28:49PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2020/01/16 18:05, Paco Esteban wrote:
> > Hi Edd,
> >
> > On Thu, 16 Jan 2020, Edd Barrett wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This diff packages the necessary support files for for integrating fzf
> > > with shells.
> > >
> > > With this change, enabling support in (e.g.) zsh is as simple as:
> > >
> > > ```
> > > export FZF_DEFAULT_OPTS="--ansi"
> > > . /usr/local/share/fzf/shell/key-bindings.zsh
> > > . /usr/local/share/fzf/shell/completion.zsh
> > > ```
> > >
> > > OK?
> >
> > On Nov 28, Aaron Bieber sent a patch to update fzf that included
> > something similar, but it was never imported:
> >
> > https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=157496223810600&w=2
> >
> > I've been using it since with no issues.  You may want to take a look
> > (he did not put the files in the same place).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Paco Esteban.
> > 5818130B8A6DBC03
> >

> We have standard locations for bash/zsh completion files, not every
> port uses them but the majority do and it would probably make sense to
> do the same here:
>
> /usr/local/share/bash-completion/completions
> /usr/local/share/zsh/vendor-completions
>
> There's no equivalent for key-bindings though.

vendor-completions is a Debianism that has escaped into upstreams. The
Debian reason for the additional folder is site-functions is fully under
admin control (like /usr/local for them). Likewise they prefer upstreams
use site-functions (so make install'd completers end up in the user
controled location) and packages should move the completer to
vendor-completions.

I think we should use site-functions rather than vendor-completions.
This is the zsh upstream supported way. The alternative is to have
patches move completers from site-functions to vendor-completions and
a patch in shells/zsh to add vendor-completions to the default fpath.
These patches should never be merged upstream, so I'm not a fan of it
(but it's what Debian does).