On 1/28/20 1:25 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2020/01/27 09:37, Landry Breuil wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Yes, it was a bit too much, after talking with sthen@ I will try to
>>> separate the
>>> versions on -current and -release, probably with different branches as we
>>> do on
>>> another ports.
>>
>> You'll also have to make sure for how long 'stable branches' (and how
>> many) are maintained upstream.. cf
>> https://github.com/nextcloud/server/wiki/Maintenance-and-Release-Schedule
>> on 6.6, if 16.x is unsupported upstream after a while, do you prefer
>> jumping to 17.x or staying with an unsupported version ? :)
>>
>> Landry
>>

> That is one of the factors to consider when deciding when to update to a new
> major in -current :-)

To be honest, upgrading from a minor or major version of nextcloud
(assuming you follow all updates) gives generally the same update
problems (if you have some, which I do). So I feel it's better to follow
upstream closely than to stay on older versions. This is of course valid
for nextcloud but not for most of the other ports.